If you happen to be in the midst of planning your next getaway – more specifically, a luxury getaway – it’s in your best interests to avoid generic vacation aggregators and highly-publicised booking platforms.
Why, you ask? Well, let’s take a look at the cold, hard facts:
- Many of the most prominent hotel websites spend huge amounts of money on proliferating favourable reviews and Photoshopped pictures of various accommodations.
- Most of these aggregators don’t even require the prospective reviewer to stay in the particular hotel prior to writing a testimonial.
- Less than 10% of the worldwide hospitality sector is considered to be “luxury” but more than 50% of documented reviews lay claim to inclusive extravagance and luxurious accommodations.
- According to a recent study by Cornell University, more than 12% of the reviews on a conspicuous aggregator were submitted in less than one minute.
- The same study found that freelance writers can be paid up to €10 per review and there are no requirements for the job beyond having adequate writing skills. The vast majority of these reviewers have never even visited the destinations in question!
- Often, these pay-for-play promoters submit between 20-50 reviews in a 48-hour period, each one more deceptive and embroidered than the last.
Fortunately for you, finding reliable, vetted luxury hotel offers doesn’t have to involve sifting through this nonsense as long as you establish a membership with a luxury travel website.
The remainder of this brief article will show you how to do just that.
Step One: Take a Critical Look at the Site’s Reviewers
Ascertaining a reputable luxury travel organisation is as simple as ensuring that the in-house team of inspectors is comprised only of worldly professionals who have actually been there and done that. Thus, instead of relying on freelance writers and advertising agencies, you should turn your attention towards the review firms that can tout the following internal experts:
- Former hospitality consultants and authorities
- Aviation, airline, and cruise specialists
- Tour counsellors
- Former executives, managers, and sales directors from prominent accommodation sites
- Hotel, resort, tavern, and inn advisors (current and retired)
- Prominent public relations executives
Step Two: Sign Up for the Fee-Free Membership
Although you’ll likely have an option to establish a platinum membership of some kind, it’s important to dip your toe in the water prior to diving in headfirst.
After creating a gratis account, you should be able to browse through a vast array of luxury resort reviews, intricate cruise analyses, regional tour assessments, airline evaluations, localised attractions, and a host of other salient testimonials, all of which are procured by sophisticated travellers and accommodation aficionados.
This will help you obtain impartial, specialist reviews regarding the most popular global destinations ranging from Turks and Caicos to NYC, Hawaii, France, Australia, Dubai, and Morocco, just to name a few.
Step Three: Avail Yourself of an Immersive Booking Platform and Various Value-Added Extras
Once you’ve found the perfect destination on the luxury review platform, feel free to make use of the intuitive onsite portal to establish a comprehensive holiday booking:
- Converse with the aforementioned travel experts in real time during your idea and planning stage.
- Use your membership to enhance your booking with various bonuses ranging from room upgrades and complimentary breakfasts all the way to hi-speed WiFi, conveyance solutions, spa and dining credits, and other exclusive offers.
- Schedule your direct online booking by using the bespoke reservation service.
- After experiencing your world-class vacation, log onto the platform and submit your very own review to join the lively user community.
Booking a luxury holiday just got a whole lot easier and much less stressful!